Who We Are
Founded more than 26 years ago, Lytle Construction, Inc. is an award-winning design/build firm specializing in home additions, custom cabinetry and the remodeling of bathrooms and kitchens. Here are just a few of our qualifications:
Licenses & Certifications:
- Class “B” Contractor’s State License #480492
- NARI Certified Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeler
- Chief Architect Software Systems
- Certified PEX Installer; Vanguard Vanex PEX/Manabloc Piping Systems
- Diamond Wall One-Coat System by Omega Products International
- Schluter Systems–DITRA, Shower Systems and Profiles
- International Solid Surface Fabricator
NARI Contractor of the Year Award:
- 2007 Universal Design Award – Bathroom (National)
- 2007 Universal Design Award (Regional)
- 2006 Residential Universal Design – Designer Award (Sacramento Chapter)
- 2005 Residential Kitchen under $30,000 (Regional)
- 2004 Residential Bathroom under $30,000 (Regional)
- 2004 Residential Addition under $100,000 (Sacramento Chapter)
- 2004 Residential Kitchen under $30,000 (Regional)
- 2003 Residential Kitchen under $30,000 (Sacramento Chapter)
- 2002 Residential Addition under $100,000 (Sacramento Chapter)
- 2007 National Chrysalis Universal Bathroom Design
- 2007 Regional Chrysalis Universal Bathroom Design
- Nominated for Fabricator of the Year 2007 by the International Solid Surface Fabricators Association
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- Remodelers Advantage Roundtable
- International Solid Surface Fabricators Association (ISSFA)
- Better Business Bureau
- Elk Grove Chamber of Commerce
There is nothing Walt Lytle loves more than helping to change people’s lives and homes through the power of remodeling. In fact, he spent most of his life preparing to do just that.
As a young child, Walt started out by helping his grandfather do routine maintenance on rental units. At age 16, he began work in the construction industry, and in 1985 founded Lytle Construction. Fast forward 22 years… Walt is still crazy about his work, and is absolutely dedicated to sharing his passion for craftsmanship and innovation with those he mentors and teaches.
Always ready and willing to learn more about the construction/remodeling industry, Walt invests continuously in ongoing training, leadership development and skills enhancement for himself and his crew. From conferences to seminars to workshops, Walt and his team never stop learning.
Involvement in the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and International Solid Surface Fabricators Association (ISSFA) –
are important ways that Walt stays up-to-date in his industry and craft. Another is through technology. Walt was an early adopter of the software program “Chief Architect” which the team at Lytle Construction uses to help clients visualize the impact of remodeling on their home. Walt has taught Chief Architect classes to Interior Design students at ARC and has conducted Chief Architect User Group meetings for his fellow NARI members.
In addition to staying active in industry associations and mentoring others, Walt ensures that Lytle Construction gives back to the community through involvement in programs such as Rebuild America, building classrooms for the Sacramento Valley Technical High School, and more.
Walt is a native of Sacramento and has been married for 18 years to his beautifully talented wife Cindy, who manages the Lytle Construction office. Walt and Cindy have four children: Jennifer, Katie, Ben, and Zack.
- NARI Contractor of the Year Awards
- “Shining Example” President’s Award, NARI Sacramento 2002
- Nominated for Fabricator of the Year 2007
by the International Solid Surface Fabricators Association
To say that Cindy Lytle manages the Lytle Construction office is like saying that Oprah Winfrey interviews people for a living. Yes, both statements are true, but there is so much more to it than that!
Cindy is the hub around which the Lytle Construction wheel turns. She is our Superwoman who leaps tall challenges in a single bound, infuses the office with insight, energy and creativity, keeps our books balanced and our vendors paid… all at the same time. And the best part is, if you know Cindy–you know she would never ever say any of these things about herself.
Cindy’s role as Queen of Everything began at an early age when she was very active in Job’s Daughters, a branch of the Masonic Order. She served as Honored Queen when she was in high school, and later, when her daughters each reigned as Honored Queen, Cindy served on the Jobs Daughters Board of Directors. She was named a “Member of Honor” of Jobs Daughters Bethel 347 in Elk Grove. Cindy also served on the Board of the Sacramento Valley Technical High School as well as the NARI Board of Directors.
A graduate of Heald Business College, Cindy began her career as an Executive Secretary and Accounting Coordinator for the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) International Union’s Sacramento Regional Office. After 5 years she was invited to work at UFCW Local 588, where she stayed for 11 years. After a total of 16 years with the UFCW she left in 1997 to join forces with Walt at Lytle Construction. And we’re glad she did.
Cindy is married to Walt Lytle, her remarkably gifted husband of 18 years. Walt and Cindy have four children: Jennifer, Katie, Ben, and Zack.
- NARI Contractor of the Year Awards
- “Above and Beyond” President’s Award, NARI Sacramento 2003